THE 10th ANNUAL PALM BEACH COUNTY
HIGH SCHOOL POETRY CONTEST
(for an original poem by a High School Student)
WINNERS HAVE BEEN SELECTED AND ANNOUNCED: Visit: http://palmbeachpoetryfestival.org/other/hs_contest/winners to see the winners and the winning poems!
PRIZES! PUBLICATION! RECOGNITION!
ATTENTION: PALM BEACH COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
PUBLIC, PRIVATE AND CHARTER SCHOOLS, GRADES 9-12
THE PALM BEACH POETRY FESTIVAL INVITES YOU TO SEND IN AN ORIGINAL POEM TO ITS 10th ANNUAL PALM BEACH COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL POETRY CONTEST. You may download these rules in pdf format at:
- The winner will receive $100 and a pair of tickets to one festival event, and a pair of tickets to the Coffee House Performance event featuring Taylor Mali and Glenis Redmond.
- The four runners up will each receive $25 and a pair of tickets to the Coffee House Performance Event, January 25, 2014.
- 1-year subscription to Poets and Writers Literary Journal
- All of the prize-winning poems will be posted on the festival website: www.palmbeachpoetryfestival.org and will be included in press releases.
- Prize winners will be invited to participate in exclusive photo-ops with the Featured Poets for local press releases.
Dr. Jeff Morgan, Chairman, Department of English, Lynn University, Boca Raton, FL
High School Students, grades 9-12, Palm Beach County Public and Private Schools
- Poems may be submitted October 10 through December 1, 2013 as follows:
- Submit one poem, 30 lines maximum, single spaced, twelve point type
- Your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, name of high school and grade level must appear in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- DEADLINE: Your poem must be e-mailed by December 1, 2013
- Send by e-mail to PBPF1@aol.com (copy & paste poem into the body of e-mail, attachments will not be opened and will automatically be disqualified).
- All contest participants agree to be subjects of press releases and media stories about the contest and the festival.
- Winner must be present at Awards Ceremony to read winning poem in order to collect prize.
- Your submission is an agreement that you will attend the Festival Awards Ceremony, Monday, January 20, 2014 at 4:30 pm.
Submissions that do not adhere to these rules will be refused. Keep a copy of your poem, as the original will not be returned. Winners and runners up will be notified by January 1st, 2014.
For More Information about the Palm Beach Poetry Festival High School Poetry Contest, contact email@example.com, or by phone, call (561) 868-2063 and be prepared to leave a message. Your call will be returned promptly.
Ask your high school principal; English teacher or Poetry Club Leader about the 2012 Palm Beach Poetry Festival High School Poetry Contest.
* * *
* * *